- Type Device Manager in the search bar and click on it.
- Scroll down to Network Adapter and right-click on TAP-ProtonVPN Windows Adapter V9.
- Click Remove Device.
- Reinstall the driver for your specific operating system:
4. Set the DNS addresses of the TAP adapter to automatic.
If your TAP adapter is not configured correctly, your ProtonVPN client will not be able to establish a proper connection. Therefore, you must ensure that the DNS addresses of the TAP adapter are set to automatic mode.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to the control panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing.
- Click the Edit Adapter Settings button.
- Right-click on the TAP-Windows V9 adapter and select Properties.
- Uncheck IPv6, check IPv4 and click it, then go to Properties.
- Make sure the options Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are enabled.
5. Be sure not to exceed the connection limit of.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
If the maximum number of connected devices is reached and/or too many pending connections (attempts) are not completed correctly, your connection may fail.
Since different plans have different numbers of allowed connected devices, you should check if you have other devices connected to your account with ProtonVPN.
Alternatively, you can wait about 5 minutes and then try to reconnect to another server; ProtonVPN servers periodically delete old and inactive sessions.
If you had a connection that didn’t close properly (WiFi failed or your device crashed unexpectedly), the ProtonVPN client will detect such connections and close them after a while.
6. Reconfigure DNS settings
Although the VPN connection is established, you may notice that ProtonVPN is not working properly when you try to access a specific URL and get no results.
Your DNS settings are not automatically updated. So, if your DNS is not configured correctly, you need to reconfigure it manually by typing the following commands in CMD (command prompt).
Before proceeding, make sure you have the latest updated version of the ProtonVPN client installed on your device.
- Go to the search bar and type cmd.
- Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- After invoking the command line, enter these commands one by one:
- ipconfig / Enable
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig / update
- reset ipv4 network interface
- rein ipv6 network interface
- Restart the computer and try to log in again.
6. ProtonVPN customer support contact
If none of the above solutions work for you, you can also contact ProtonVPN support.
Include additional information about specific connection problems or error messages with your report.
To help support isolate the problem, activate your connection logs, which are located in the following paths on your computer.
We fully understand how important a VPN service can be to many, and we also hope that you can resolve any remaining issues that are causing your ProtonVPN client to not work properly.
As with other software, it is not uncommon for users to experience problems when using the VPN service.
After carefully following the above solutions, under normal circumstances, you should be able to isolate the possible problems and find the root cause of the error.
If for any reason you still cannot find a solution to your problem, contacting ProtonVPN customer support is your last resort.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
How do I repair a broken ProtonVPN?
support ‘ windows-vpn issues
How can I make ProtonVPN faster?
‘ support ‘ speed increase ‘ vpn speed increase
Can’t connect to ProtonVPN?
protonvpn tap uninstallprotonvpn tap installprotonvpn not connectingprotonvpn not working machow to uninstall protonvpnprotonvpn cannot be installed on the following windows versions,People also search for,Feedback,protonvpn cannot be installed on the following windows versions,protonvpn the application is missing a required file,protonvpn tap uninstall,protonvpn tap install,failed to start protonvpn service access is denied,protonvpn not connecting,protonvpn not working mac,how to uninstall protonvpn