If you are looking for ways to get more out of Discord, then this post is for you. There are many features that make Discord a great chat client and we will cover some of them in this blog post.
What is Discord?
Discord is basically a social app for gamers. This software was designed to replace the original TeamSpeak, Razer Comms, and Curse Voice chat applications that many online players use.
The main features of discord include Text & voice communication Video calls – soon to be implemented into this platform A server browser with an inbuilt moderator system IN game overlay support which allows you to add your own addons to your Discord client so you can chat with your friends while they play their favorite games. As a content creator, I use this software to connect with my subscribers and other YouTubers in the same niche as myself.
How To Get More Out Of Discord
Let’s jump right into it! Here are some features that will help get more out of discord:
1) Server Moderation Tools One really cool feature about Discord is that it contains an inbuilt server/channel moderation tool, which allows you to monitor people inside your server or channel.
How do you set up these moderation levels?
There are four different types of permissions available when moderating a chat room on Discord:
Founder – The founder of the server has the highest degree of power over the server. This can be you if you are starting your own community or clan.
Administrator – The administrator is one level below the founder and helps moderate the chat room, but unlike the founder, they do not have admin powers to delete server roles or other members in their server.
Moderator – Moderators are just that! They have the ability to kick users from channels/server roles, edit text colors and names of other people in their servers.
Channel Creator – Channel Creators have the ability to manage who can create text channels inside their Discord Server. If you leave this role open anyone will be able to create new text channels on your Discord Server which could cause a lot of confusion, so be sure to set this role up.
These roles can be assigned manually by you or if you’re a member of a large server/community you can use the auto-assign function which will pre-select these roles for new members who join your Discord Server automatically.
2) Creating Bot Accounts Using Discord Bots is super easy! If you have never used one before I recommend trying them out as they can really help grow your community and keep it alive. The bots I would suggest are:
Reddit Post – In case anyone wants to know how to create a bot account using discord.
3) Timer Functions You can easily create timers that reset or count down inside any of your servers or channels. This is really handy if you are hosting an online event or tournament.
4) Flag Emojis This is a pretty cool feature that allows you to select custom flag emojis for your discord server/channel, these can be used inside any conversation that takes place inside your Discord community.
5) Moderation Logs Another really nice feature included with this platform is moderation logs, The staff members of your server will be able to see what has been happening inside the chat room so they can take appropriate action against any offenders.
To create a log simply type: /logs and select the channel you want to track then hit enter and that’s it!
6) Create A Welcome Message This is one of my favorite features, whenever someone joins your Discord server/channel they will see your custom welcome message which you can easily generate by typing: !welcome (name) and replacing (name) with the username of the user who has just joined. It is important to note that this does not work inside voice channels as those messages are only displayed for 1 second so people don’t see them.
7) Add Animated Emojis Using this feature you can now add animated emojis to your discord community. To do so simply upload a gif file to a hosting site such as imgur.com then copy and paste the link into your message box and hit enter, that’s it!
8) Dashboard Notifications When someone is speaking inside one of your voice channels or typing inside any channel you will get notifications about what they are saying/typing which makes this Discord platform really easy to use. This combined with other features like timers etc., make it possible to moderate chat rooms without having the need for using the web interface on an ongoing basis (although you should do).
9) Rooms / Text Channels You can easily create rooms or text channels by simply typing: #(name of chat room) That’s it! People who join your server/community automatically default into the last text channel that was created.
10) Easily Share Files If you need to share a file with your Discord community all you have to do is upload it to a hosting site such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Imgur, etc., and then simply copy and paste the link into your chatbox on Discord and people will be able to download it directly from there. This is a super-easy way for you to share files with your community without having the need to rely on external links!
11) Easily Share URLs If you want to share more than just files with your Discord community all you have to do is copy and paste the URL address of whatever you want inside your chat box and it will automatically turn into a clickable link that people can use inside their web browsers. This makes sharing stuff like website links, images, videos, etc., really simple.
1. How Much Does It Cost? Discord is 100% free!
Can I Test Drive This Software Before Doing Anything Else? Yes, you can try it out for yourself by visiting this website: https://discordapp.com/download You will be able to create an account and then connect with your friends who are already using this platform. However, if you want to create your own server community you will have to pay the one-time fee of $5 which only gets charged after you have invited people into your server. For more information click here.
2. So How Can I Get Started?
To get started all you have to do is visit the official page of Discord at https://discordapp.com/ Once there, simply sign up for an account and then create your own server community by paying the one-time fee of $5. Easy right?
3. Is This Software Safe And Reliable?
Yes, this software is safe to use and comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee so if you are unhappy with it at any point during that time frame you can get a full refund. I would also like to add that their customer support team will do everything in their power to make sure that your experience is trouble-free.
If You Have Any Other Questions Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment Below, thank you!