Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
If you think you have accidentally blocked the AOL website and are therefore unable to access it, try unblocking it from the banned list by following the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Advanced icon in the top right corner, then click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Advanced.
- In the System section, click the Open Proxy Settings button on your computer.
- In the Internet Properties pop-up window, click the Security tab, select Restricted Sites, and then click Sites.
- If you find an AOL site in the list, select the URL and click the Remove button.
- Close your Chrome browser and then try visiting the AOL website to see if the problem is resolved.
4. Editing the Windows host file
The Hosts file is used by your operating system to assign user-friendly host names to numeric Internet Protocol (IP) addresses that identify and locate a host on an IP network.
The Hosts file contains lines of text consisting of the IP address in the first text field, followed by additional hostnames.
Follow these steps to reset the Hosts file and unlock the AOL website if you can’t access it:
- Click the File Explorer icon in the taskbar.
- In the File Explorer tab, search for System32 and click C:WindowsSystem32.
- Find the drivers in the list and click on them, then continue, and so on.
- Right click on the hosts and open them with Notepad. If you see the AOL site listed, it is possible that your hosts file has changed.
- Select the line containing the AOL URL and delete it. Save the changes and close Notepad.
- Restart Google Chrome and see if you can open the website.
5. Use VPN
If the above steps didn’t solve your problem, you can try installing a virtual private network (VPN) to add an extra layer of security.
Since Internet access is subject to geographical restrictions, you need a VPN to bypass them and connect to the server from another location.
Pretending to be somewhere else will help, especially if you don’t have access to sites like AOL.
PIA (Private Internet Access) is an option that meets all the above criteria and allows you to easily switch sites without having to be an IT professional.
In addition to advanced IP encryption, PIA offers amazing transfer rates no matter where you are in the world, thanks to thousands of servers in almost every country in the world.
Private Internet access
Don’t worry about not being able to reach a website because of your location by using this great software today.
Even if you are unable to access a particular website, hopefully you can unlock it by following one of the steps outlined in this article.
You must first understand the cause of the problem and act accordingly.
For example, if your location affects your online activities, it means that they are subject to geographical restrictions and setting up a VPN can help you bypass them.
Sometimes changing your Windows hosts file, checking to see if you’ve accidentally blocked a site in Chrome, or even trying a different browser can get you back to an AOL site.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
aol mail problems today 2020how do i reset my aol mail settings?email to aol not being deliveredgoogle chromeaol quick restorechrome aol mail,People also search for,aol mail problems today 2020,aol quick restore,chrome aol mail,aol won’t load on chrome,problems with aol mail,can t access aol mail,aol search engine not working,can’t connect to the account aol mac